Losing weight and exercising during pregnancy...

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant. I've lost almost 10lbs since finding out I was pregnant. I needed to lose a few pounds before getting pregnant anyhow. But I'm not doing anything dramatic. I'm eating healthier and walking. I also have a toddler, so she keeps me on my feet alot too. I'm only able to eat grilled chicken and cold fruits and vegetables. The only things I'm able to drink are V8 vegetable juice and water with lemon, everything else makes me feel ill! Do you think its okay that I'm losing weight? I'm not trying to because my Dr. told me not to worry about losing the rest of my extra weight until after the new baby is born, but I can't help it. Its just coming off on its own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is normal to lose some weight in the 1st trimester but don't TRY to lose it that is not healthy.
    You sound like you are just doing fine.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• As long as you are eating healthily, getting enough calories and not over exercising - and it sounds like you're not, it can be fine to lose weight while pregnant. Especially if you had some extra to lose. I started each of my pregnancied overweight, I lost about 20lbs with my first and maintained my weight during my second and third. I ate well and did moderate exercise just like you've said you are doing and I had three healthy baby boys. Don't diet, but some weight loss is okay. Your Dr will tell you if s/he is concerned about your weight loss.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I think we are 2 peas in a pod, I lost 20 lbs and could only eat very few things, i'm now 30 weeks and am glad i lost the original 20, yesterdays appointment was 8 lbs back... but I also have a 2 yr old that keeps me moving, just eat what you can and dont intentionally lose more weight, it's all for baby now!
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 12:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i was the same way. i needed to lose some, started walking and eating better, i have a 2 yo. now i am about 22 weeks pregnant, and i am STILL down by 14lbs. im healthier than i was, baby is measuring big, and everything is fine.

i couldnt eat much the whole firt strimester and i was loosing weight steadily till about 18 weeks. so i really wouldnt worry ABOUT IT!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• With my daughter's pregnancy, I lost weight the first two trimesters and the third trimester gained weight and was 26 pounds heavier than when I started the pregnancy. WIC about had a fit when they saw me because I kept losing weight but I was eating, just no more than I did normally.

I'm pregnant again and I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow. So far, I've lost 6 pounds. I think it's just normal for me because believe me, I'm eating! I'm not starving myself or anything but I lose weight which is fine by me because when I'm not pregnant I can't seem to lose the weight!
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 7:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2010