The ex 's lady and your kids

Have you ever been on the phone with your ex and things are going smoothly until his new lady gets on the phone and put her two cents in over the custody of your children i know they have to go and spend time with him but can't i ask the court that she not be present when he has visitation it seems as if when he is around her he changes his mine about even seeing them but still tries to call when she isn't around to ask about them tell me whats up with that ?

MOMO628

Asked by MOMO628 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sadly there is not much you can do, if she isn't "harming" them in any physical way then no court will tell a parent who they can and can not be with.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It isn't worth your time in court to ask this. They will tell you it's none of your business. While I think BOTH parents should know the general quality of people the children are around, there isn't anything that can be done unless serious harm is coming to them because of it.

I suggest politely asking your ex that he do not call unless his lady can be respectful, or he needs to call when she isn't around. I have a huge issue with the 'new woman' butting into the middle of situations such as this...it's between you and him.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Boy, I sure wish we could keep my stepsons away from their mother's new husband. He hits them with a paddle, instructs them what to say to their own father on the telephone and insists that the children call him "dad."

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could have the courts instruct the other parent to not let new spouses around the children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2010