My daughter walks pigeon toed!!

My daughter is almost 13months. She has been walking for almost two months now, maybe a little longer. Before she started to walk, are doctor noticed that she was pointing her feet inward (pigeon toed) He said she would grow out of it..since she has really started to walk, we have noticed it even more. She twists her foot almost 90 degrees at times, so her knee is turning inward as well. Im going to make another doctors appointment soon, so he can look at it. However, i was just wondering if anyone one else has or had a toddler with this issue and whether or not it corrected itself, or did they need braces ect? Its not really affecting her walking, she walks everywhere, almost runs actually, but i relize that this is a problem

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 9:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started walking at 9 months old. He walked pigeon toed, we figured it was because he started walking early. ANYWAYS, he stopped walking pigeon toed when he turned about 13 or 14 months old. So, yeah I would still take her but maybe she hasn't had enough time to work it out yet.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My 17m old son is somewhat pigeon-toed - his left foot turns inward sometimes. The ped said it wasn't anything to worry about unless it was more than 20 degrees, and he would probably grow out of it, as most kids do. Before seeing the ped, I had also heard that some docs suggest switching shoes - putting the right on the left, vice versa.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2010