Have you ever tried to save money and it seem like everything bad happens?I started saving for my house and now my dryer went out,my car needs work,i have a doctor bill (well they say it a lab bill) when i just paid the doctor office $123.00.They sent me a bill for $98.00 i can't win for losing

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• No, I save money for everything. We have a savings for the car ( if something happens), a home ( so we can buy one soon), medical bills ( if it is needed) , and a misc savings for any other random bill that may happen.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• So do you have it in different accounts or do you just save up large portions and separate as needed.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• We have them set it a savings account split up.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You will ALWAYS have something come up. Its just reality of life. Keep your savings for your house, don't dip into that or you will always go to it and never save. If anything, lower how much you put into house savings and add another saving for repairs and medical bills. Dont' think of these things as surprises...preprare for them and you'll be ready.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Buying a house was the worst thing I have ever done. You think things come up now that take up all your money, just wait until you have a home. There is so much more to break and repairs cost a lot more. I can't wait to go back to renting so up keep can be someone else's problem.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yes, it's called MURPHY! As in, Murphy's Law.

Maybe you could try having two savings accounts, one for the house and one for everything else. We have what's called an emergency fund and it's for unexpected things like you've described.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2010