Baby so quiet in the morning

My boyfriend he is a late sleeper.. (doesnt go to bed until 3 or 4 in the morning) any way... he tells me that usually our baby doesn't wake up until 11:30am or sometimes 1:00pm. And he is 9 months old... I thought It was weird because that would be along time to eat 5am until 1pm. But the nights he says he sleeps until 1pm are the nights that my baby doesn't really sleep during the night (he might be awake 12am-2 or 3 in the morning) ... But last night he was up 11:00pm-3am and he woke up at 9am... I know he is really quiet in his crib when he wakes up so is it possible that he could be sleeping that long or that he might just be that tired to sleep that late??? I just don't want him to be in his crib by himself even though he is obviously entertained for 4 or more hours... because he isn't learning anything during that time.

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 10:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, but he IS learning! They don't need stimulation every single second...indeed that can be too much. If you've got things like a mobile and maybe a music player in the crib, he'll be learning from that.

I'd be more concerned about whether baby is sitting in a dirty dipe too long. Is dad working that late? Or playing video games? If the latter, take away the joystick...he needs to grow up and be awake for his baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• We just recently got a video monitor and I was amazed that my son will be up and stay in his crib for so long. I thought some mornings he wasn't waking up until 8am or so because he was just so quiet - it's not that he's sleeping that long, he just was quiet playing with his stuffed animals. (he usually wakes up at 7 - we have older kids that are getting ready for school at that time)

Answer by missanc at 1:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010