Would you find it disrespectful if a non-christian destroied a church or other sacred christian object?

Or is it not an issue of respect simply because they aren't Christian?

How is it that people don't extend simple respect to places and items?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and yes I would find it disrespectful. Just like I find it disrespectful that Christians have destroyed Wiccan faith objects in a US military base. (They set up an area for worship and it was desecrated by "Christians".)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I find any and all destruction disrespectful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It would deffinatly be disrespectful! I'm a chiristian, but I would never perpousely destory any religous objects of any religion wether I believe in it or not.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Destroying something that belongs to another is not only disrespectful, but criminal. If a person destroys a religious object that belongs to them, it's their business.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

Agreed 100%
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Absolutely. and I am not Christian
    any person causing destruction on purpose is disrespectful.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Of course it's disrespectful. They are damaging something that does not belong to them. It doesn't matter if it's a religious object, keying somebody's car, or drawing graffitti about a rival gang.

Why? Rebellion, hatred, poor upbringing, or any number of other reasons people break the law.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Destruction in general is disrespectful- HOWEVER, there are places that religious symbols of ANY flavor (faith) do not belong.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but christians are not supposed to have "sacred objects", or really take stock in ANY material possession, they are to "store up their treasures in heaven"... So, technically, there are not supposed to be "sacred objects" which would allude to pagan worship practices. The body of the church IS its sacred object, not a place or thing...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Of course it's disrespectful!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yes, it is disrespectful and criminal.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2010