best time to know to crawl?

when is it a time to question if my baby is going to crawl or walk? my baby is 9 months old... he is good at rolling all around it would only take him a minute to go across the room. And he is really good with a sippy cup with no handle.i heard somewhere that crawling isn't a milestone, walking is... but I was just wondering if I should worry or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Some babies skip crawling. Give him the run of he floor. If he's going to crawl he'll do it all on his own...might even be after he learns to walk. The important thing is that he has found his own way to get to where he wants to go.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my son started crawling around 8 months but i know some babies will just roll around and then go straight to walking. :) so your son might start crawling in a month or 2, or might just keep rolling around until he learns to walk which could be in a couple of months or more like 15 months. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My oldest never crawled. He went from scooting on his tummy to walking.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My twin girls are 8 months. One is up everywhere and the only is just too laid back to mess with crawling! I think personality has something to do with it!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my little one started crawling at 8 months
    Anonymous

• Crawling is not a developmental milestone; many babies never crawl

Answer by rkoloms at 5:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2010