Flies covering the outside of the back and side of my house?

I have never seen anything like this before! My son went to leave for school this morning and came running back in to tell me there was so many flies on the house the siding looked black! I thought he was exaggerating but I went to check and there are flies everywhere! So disgusting! I live in Ohio and today is finally a really warm day year today ..would that have anything to do with it? I don't know what to do! I don't know where they are coming from! Help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Didn't that happen in the movie "AmityivilleHorror"? GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!!!!!!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• *Amityville
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 10:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd get insect killer and spray that side of the house! They come form the ground they go down in the dirt in the winter and when spring comes they come out. They are probably on the side of your house because it's warm from the sun.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• OMG..its so funny that you said amitville horror..because I just called my SO about it and thats what he said..I said I'm packing up and getting out of here NOW! LOL. ewwwwwwwwwwww its so gross!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Might want to check the area for a dead animal.They come out to dry their wings and then they'll take off
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• They're warming themselves. Happens to us every year.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Make sure they are actually flies. I had something similar happen and it was actually termites.
    jaymit

Answer by jaymit at 11:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2010