Have you ever used MerryMaids?

There is one in our area (Georgia). I am due in less than two months with our baby girl and I'm exhausted!! lol
I have two other small children at home and it's getting harder to clean up with the house so we were thinking about getting a maid for a couple months to help take some stress off. We just moved to the area less than two months ago and still have so much to do with that and for preparing for baby!
I wanted to know if the MerryMaids company was any good.

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i did not like the job they did for us at all. we tried three different services, all did a poor job. we have our office done,and we have the fake wood floors, and none of those services did a good job with the floors, and my dh complained about the dusting too. we finally got a referral from a friend for someone who cleans on their own. talk to some of your neighbors and see who they use. the woman we use does a basic job, and is paid a basic rate. i have a neighbor who has someone really do fine cleaning, and she pays double what i do.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It depends on the person not the company. My mom used to work for MerryMaids in Maryland and said some women cleaned right and others were lazy cleaners. I'd look around like the pp said about someone who cleans on their own and has good referrals that way you know who you're getting instead of a company sending a random person.
    brenda06

Answer by brenda06 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Thanks. After I posted my question, I found some reviews on Google business about the location near us and they were really poor reviews so I will not be using their service. I'm going to keep looking around :)
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Don't do it! I used to work for them back in college and the chemicals they use are so strong! My nail poilish used to come off just by dusting furniture. I would hire a cleaning person out of the paper before I would use merry maids.
    Anonymous

• I clean houses for a living and given your situation I would really first see if you know anyone that has a teenager that is capable of cleaning for you, make a list of duties that you just can't tackle right now and pay them by the hour. If not then ask friends if they know of anyone that cleans. Usually you can find someone that cleans for a living on their own rather than go through a company. Its usually cheaper too.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2010