Desperate for advice!!!

Ok here is the situation.. I work with my SIL and I think she may be having an affair with our "big" boss!! She is married to my brother! They have been txting back and forth a lot and calling one another and never thought much about it because she used to tell me everthing that was said and when he called her.. Well, I have recently became suspicious because caught her in a few lies about it. Well, yesterday I was in my office and heard people whispering so I popped my head out the door and saw them walking up the stairs HOLDING HANDS!!! When they got to the top they let go of one another! They thought no one was watching. What do I do????? WTH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh.. she isnt telling me anything about their conversations anymore and plays it off that they are not talking.. but I know they are!! They are texting all day to one another until my brother gets out of work and she shuts her phone off!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• tell your brother what youve observedand let hi handleitfro there.... idk.... confront herabout it...gl
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i would approach her about it. especially if they have kids. tell her if something is up, then she needs to end it and save her marriage. spare your brothers feelings for now. if they dont have kids though, then maybe approach her and your brother. and let them work it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I will always be more loyal to my brother than his little girlfriends or significant others....however this is going to affect your work situation if its the BIG boss....I might tell my brother to watch his wife, check on her...and her phone bill...but to keep me out of it because i need my job. He would get the hint from there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I totally agree with sweetstkissez22!!!!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I think that is the best advice, just mention it to your brother and let him do the digging and ask that he does not put you in the middle of things. Regardless, you work could still become difficult without your interference depending upon what happens between your SIL and your brother, because I am sure the BIG BOSS knows you are her sister in law. One question, does the big boss have a wife?
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 1:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• As a person that's told someone something I observed... I'd have a hard time telling again. If you need your job then you gotta really think it over, talk to your spouse if you have one, and then still tread lightly. If he chooses to not believe you, or forgive her, it will ruin the relationship you have with him/her and any children they have or will have most likely.
    Me personally... I'd set it up so that he caught them so it wasn't on me or I'd go talk to her and tell her what I saw and have heard and give her the option of telling him if she wants to save her marriage (sounds like she doesn't).
    I feel sorry for you brother, she's putting his life and hers in danger if she's sleeping with the guy, and she's putting their finances in status if the relationship goes wrong with the boss... it's a lose lose situation.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Since she has blown you off and lied about it, I would take a few co-workers that have seen what you have, and confront her once more. If she still lies about it, I would go to your brother and tell him (with the co-workers for back-up)...and let him deal with it from there. There are always bad consequences in cases like these, but she needs to either come to her senses, or your brother needs to know that she is throwing away the marriage and playing him for a fool. I would give her one more chance, after that, her husband needs to know the whole truth, so he can make some decisions on the state of his own marriage.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You need to tell your brother about the hand holding incident you saw. It's his place to confront her, not yours.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2010