im pregnant and i have a two yr old who is out of control!

It seems like i cant go anywhere b/c he will throw fits, throw himself on the floor scream, and try running away from me. I try to keep him on my lap but he will twist turn kicka dn get down and run!. How come everyone else can let there kids down and they are playing and being good, but the second i put mine down he is going for all the danger spots... out the door (where he might get ran over or something) and also in to things he isnt suppose to like food& drink that are out for everyone. Ugh I feel like i have no control over him. I have tried everything, spaking time telling him no. I always have to hold his hand, hold him or follow him around like im a hover mom. I think when my next one gets here im going to break down! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Look into the symptoms of sensory processing disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Congratulations, you have a two year old boy. They're magnetically drawn to anything dangerous that's in a ten mile radius, if they can reach it they will mess with it, running away in public is pretty much a matter of course especially when you're pregnant because they think they can get away easier (which is true). You really didn't describe anything that was out of the ordinary for a todder, I'm sorry that it's so hard right now but it'll get better eventually. In the mean time just try not to go completely insane. Get a child harness (screw what other people think sometimes they are NEEDED), try to go do only one thing a day and when you leave your house make sure he is well fed and well rested, a good rule of thumb for any child is if you don't want them to touch it put it out of reach, and just breath they don't call it the terrible twos for nothing.
    Anonymous