I ahve back pain that has migrated down to my backside should I go see a doctor?

I was jumping with my kids the other day on the trampoline and my back started hurting later in the day. My back has since stopped but it has went down to my rear and is making my leg on that side numb. I have never had this happen before and didn't know if its somethin I should go to the doctor for or not. I have tried laying on the heating pad and also have been taking advil but its not helping. If its not something to go to the dr for is there anything I should do here at home to make it feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• when in doubt, see a doctor
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would go see the Dr, and it sounds like you have pinched your sciatic nerve. The nerve runs from your hips and through your bottom and down your legs, and trampoline jumping can definately irritate that or pinch something off. Good luck, but go see your Dr.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would see a chiropractor....it could be sciatica...it usually starts the mid to lower back and works down one or both sides and butt and leg(s)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If you have to ask if you should see a doctor, the answer is usually yes.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2010