are migraines something to worry about while 5 months pregnant?

I get horrible headaches everyonce in a while but when i do they hurt so bad and all i wanna do is lay down and put a cloth over my head to help it feel better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if they don't go away with tylenol, then yes...it can mean high blood pressure and gestational diabetes, preclampsyia among other things...so you should def tell your doctor about them and let them determine if they are normal or not.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If they keep happening and don't go away with tylenol, then yes you need to tell your Dr asap about it. I had to have a prescription med for the headaches I had.
    I did not have High blood pressure, preeclampsia or GD
    I was just fine just really bad headaches.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If it is indeed a migraine and it just wont go away I usually end up at the e.r. from past experience it's the only thing that works for me. I have always had migraines, luckily mine taper off while pregnant, any who they can give you a shot of nubayne in the hiney they and my ob have assured me it's not harmful to the baby. Otherwise if a towel helps try a cool ice pack the flexy ones in the fridge work the best, when frozen they hurt too much, or the eye mask works too!!
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 12:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I saw a chiropractor for that. It really helped.
    Anonymous

• yes, it can be a sign of high blood pressure which is bad when pregnant. Call your doc/ob. I also suggest a chiropractor if it's not your bp.
    Anonymous