underwear at night?

So my potty training daughter has been in a pull-up at night. Some mornings she'll wake up dry, others wet -- I guess it has been about 50/50. The past two nights, though, she woke up in the night (both times around midnight) saying "poo poo" (her way of asking to potty -- she's not very verbal yet), so I have taken her to pee and both times she has been dry in the morning. Should I switch to undies at night now since she's starting to wake up when she needs to go, or should I wait for more dry nights in a row? My oldest daughter is also still in a pull-up because she's wet every morning, and she has been day trained for about a year and 3 months... I'm wondering if working with her on nights earlier on would have made a difference. I can already see that they're so different in their bladder capacities. But what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly, I would wait a solid 2-3 weeks of waking up dry before you consider her night time trained
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• But you're asking not if she's night trained, but if putting her in panties will help her get there faster? I think if she's starting to wake up to pee while she's still in a diaper, there's no reason not to wait a little while longer... some kids will pee in a diaper but not in panties, but it sounds like your daughter knows she wants to use the potty either way. If you start to notice she no longer wakes up to go or if she starts being wet every morning, you could try ditching the diapers for awhile to see if an accident or two would make the difference... But it sounds like she's on her way there already.
    Anonymous