Would you stay or would you go?

My son has asthma, he was having some wheezing and coughing this week, and running a fever so I took him in to the Ped. He doesnt have an infection in his lungs, so they just prescribed him some steroids to help with the inflamation. I was planning on going out of town this weekend for a wedding, I'm not IN the wedding just a guest.

This isnt anything new (breathing treatments and steroids) he's been on them 3 or 4 times in his 2 years-- but Ifeel guilty leaving him, he would be with his Dad, and for the most part I'm sure he will give him the meds right-- sometimes he is forgetful- I dunno.. I feel guilty for bailing on the wedding, and I feel guilty for leaving him here--- WWYD??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old is the son?! I would probably go, if this is a common occurance and there isnt any infection. Just call dad or text dad while your gone to remind him of the med times! If your son was ill or looked like he could take a turn for the worse i probably would stay right at home! Seems like you guys have the asthma pretty much figured out and he'll be in good hands! Not with some strange babysitter!!! have fun...KEEP your phone on!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i would go... like the above poster said...you seemed to have it figured out, its not like its the first time
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• well i'm like you i'd feel guilty so i probally wouldn't go, that being said, i'm never away from my kids, noone can ever keep them for me b/c my mom works alot and my mil is disabled so....i'm with them ALL THE TIME and couldn't imagine it any other way, but do what you feel is right if you think your dh can handle him, go have fun :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010