How old was your child when he/she was completely potty trained?

No frequent accidents, wearing panties all day long...etc.

MommyMcClary

Asked by MommyMcClary at 12:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 3 1/2.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'm going to preface my answer with the admission that I was not a mom who was willing to spend hours in the bathroom with my toddler; clean up accidents; or change bedding every morning. I waited until my kids wanted to be potty trained, and we usually accomplished it within a couple of days.

1. Boy - 2 1/2
    2. Girl - 3
    3. Girl - 3
    4. Boy - almost 4
    D.Mary

Answer by D.Mary at 12:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my dd was 2 1/2
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• 2.5. I agree with D.Mary...mine only took a couple days for him to be complete (day and night).
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• about 22 months she stopped having accidents. She wasn't night trained, but went all day and asked to potty whenever she needed to go.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Day only or day & night? DD#1 was day around 3.5, complete a little after turning 4. DD#2 was around 2 or so for day, 2.5 or so for night. DD#3 was close to 3.5 for day, almost 4 for night. DS isn't 3, is day trained but not night - he'll be a while yet, I'm guessing 3.5. I'm like DMary, I didn't/don't have the time/energy/resources to spend hours in the bathroom & cleaning up messes/doing laundry. We started trying around 18 months with all of them, and followed their lead/cues and let them be ready to go all the way. Works out better IMO, we didn't have to fight the pooping thing like some parents do, 2 of my kids pooped regularly in the pot before peeing in it regularly. Less stress this way ;).
    Anonymous

• Day and night age 2 with my first, third and fourth child, age 2 1/2 with my second who has speech problems and was unable to tell us she had to go to the bathroom.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my dd was 2 1/2
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 1:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• A few days after he turned 3. He just "got it". No accidents since then. Well, I lied, he had an accident in bed last night. But that's because he drank something right before going to sleep. I told him no more drinks because I had a feeling he would wet the bed, and whelp, it happened.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my oldest was about 2 months before her 3rd birthday and my youngest was right after her 2nd birthday.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 5:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010