Labor induction.How does this work?

My doctor just scheduled for me to be induced on March 22nd if I have not had him by then.I was wondering how does this work exactly?Have any of you ever done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced... there are lots of ways to do it, so I would ask your dr what his plan is specifically... cervidal, pitocin, breaking your water...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I was induced at 38 weeks with my 3rd. They didn't use cervadil, which I understand is fairly common, just the pitocin drip. It was easy, the contractions weren't any harder or faster than with my previous 2 deliveries, and she was here 5 hours after they put the IV in. I didn't have any problems - it was actually very calm and peaceful.

Answer by missanc at 12:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• There are a lot of ways it is done. I agree ask your Dr which one and have him explain it to you. Yes I have had one before, It went fine and smooth but I also had already started dilating on my own and it was not my first. I can tell you from what I have see everyone I have know that was induced with their first ended up with a csection.In honesty unless it is medically needed or you are over due I would see about holding off on that,

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I was technically induced.. I went to the hosptial after 12 hours of labor, having regular contractions, etc. (not planned) My water broke when I was 5 cms and I wasnt dilating fast enough so they put me on the pit drip, I had her the next day.
    Anonymous

• what is your due date? What did your doctor state as the reason for scheduling the induction 2 weeks out?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• op here- this is my second pregnancy i was induced with my first one at 37 weeks because my amniotic fluid was leaking.It all went great i went in at 3 and had her at 11 pushed 4 times. but the reason i asked about this is because i have never had one scheduled and did not know if it was different I also have the same doctor and she used the pitocin drip last time. I just dont know how it all works do you go in the night before what all is different about it lol
    Anonymous

• nope, I went in at 3 pm for mine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would ask your Dr all that, When I was induced I had to be there only 3 hours before the time.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I was induced and I came to the hospital in the middle of the night, they did the pitocin drip, which just felt like pressure in the vagina, I felt contractions right away. Then they had me lay there for an hour, then walk around for a while, then they would do it again, and I would lay there for an hour, then walk around. I did that for awhile until I got my epidural, shortly after I had a BABY!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I went to 42 weeks then they did a fluid check and saw i was very low. they sent me to the hospital and to induce my labor. they did the cervidal. then started the pitocin drip the next morning. my contractions got so strong they were off the charts and staying not coming down. when they broke my water almost nothing came out then my sons heartrate dropped to 30 and i was given an emergecny c-section. this all could have been avoided if when i went to the hospital a week before that when i thought my water broke the stupid nurses did there job and found it had broken. i went one week with not water. when they took my son out they realized my water did break, just not right at the cervix, it tore off to the side. im sure your experiance will not be like mine.i just had stupid doctors.
    Anonymous