Anyone's baby doctor told them there 5 month old has a heart murmur?? Please

Well i just got home from my daughters doctor after a sick call. I knew she had an ear infection but after he was listening to her heart he said you knew she has a heart murmur right? and my heart jumped bc no one told me till now. Im kinda upset if they knew they didnt tell them than. Now they want to run tests on her in two weeks after she feels better and all. Has anyone elses child gone through it? She is 5 months old. Will she grow out of it??? Someone pleae help im beside myself right now....

pennstatemama21

Asked by pennstatemama21 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know it is hard, but relax... they are very common and most of the time correct themselves
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• They heard my dtrs. at 3 mos. She had to have an ekg and echocardiogram. She was my first baby and I was freaked out!! She is fine and the tests showed a murmur that now at age 9 is gone. It is very common so don't worry :)
    Anonymous

• My oldest son was born with a heart murmur that I was told by his ped will eventually go away, he is almost 14 and has a mild heart murmur he goes every 3 years to make sure it has not progressed to anything worse, he also has physicals every year. My son is very actively involved in sports and has not had any episodes because of it, just make sure you keep up with the tests/follow ups your doctor wants you to do. I still worry about my son, every sport season...I think as a mom you will always worry
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2010