Moms Working at Home?!?

Ladies, I understand that very few people actually like their job. However, I HATE my job. They are unprofessional, unorganized, childish and there is no protocol what so ever. But it pays the bills and my income is the main source of income for my home. Are there any moms that make a decent living from home. I would rather not get involved with the at home businesses that I have to pay to start up, but I am open for suggestions. This enviornment isn't healthy for anyone much less a pregnant women.

deirdrejones

Asked by deirdrejones at 1:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sure, here is a list of companies that hire home based workers. BUT if you want a real income, one you can support a family on, a home based job isn't going to do it, you should look in to a home business or some form of business.

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I watch a couple of kids in my home and make more then if I were working in a daycare center. Because I don't have to worry about childcare. I really like it.
    Anonymous

• I work for a friend of mine who sells life insurance. I make his cold calls for him just 10 hrs a week for $10.00 an hr, that's not much but its all I can handle right now with two babies and it eliminates my rent. Maybe call around and try to find something similar? I have never had any results with the home businesses you start up,I know of people who had success with it, but it takes a lot of time, effort and up front cash i simply do not have. I think you would be better off finding a local deal, maybe with a contact you already have?
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I work from home as a freelance copywriter. My income in growing and the potential can reach six figures if you work at finding clients...which i currently do not. LOL. (have a couple who keep me busy). There are other freelance jobs/buinesses you could try. Researching, answering phones for businesses, graphic design, etc... Some of them require specialized skills that you could learn while still working with your other job. Others just require that you have a phone line. PM me if you want any tips for getting started. The only start up costs I had was phone and internet...but it DOES take time to get a real income (meaning..enough to support a family) but it's YOUR operation and it's NOT a business in a box. You have full control, which I love.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i work from home..i have a job and a business and love it. i make more than my husband who works a 9-5..and i make my own schedule
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010