Are You Cannabis Deficient?

"If the idea of having a marijuana deficiency sounds laughable to you, a growing body of science points at exactly such a possibility. Scientists have known that the active psychoactive compound in marijuana is THC, which is short for tetrahydrocannabinol.

In August 1990, researchers reported in the journal Nature the discovery of receptors in the brain that specifically accommodate the cannabinoids in pot. Cannabinoids bind to particular neurological sites in the brain, as though the brain was specifically designed to utilize this plant. Did nature toss cannabinoid receptors into the brain by random chance?"

From Fox News, even!
http://health.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/10/are-you-cannabis-deficient/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• THC Shrinks Cancer Cells - Science Daily, 2007

THC May Kill Brain Cancer - 2009

THC Shrinks Tumors; Govt. Knew in '74 - Covered up Studies

Rick Simpson Cures Cancer with Hemp Oil (THC)

What would you consider a legit source?  The DEA website?  Or NIDA?

Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Sounds like another excuse to smoke pot.
    I have never smoked it, nor will I.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well, I hope you never get a terminal illness that causes you to change your mind :)
    Anonymous

• Yeah Anon...because AALLL people with terminal illness' smoke pot...ok. Sure is shame that there are no other LEGAL medicnes out there to help ill people......wait....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Oh sure, there are "legal" medicines...if you like man-made chemical cocktails that often make you even sicker, go for it.
    Anonymous

• It is very uncommon and happens to those who are excessive long time users who usually suffer from co dependency issues.. Just like people with a deficiency for alcohol.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• 1) Medical marijuana doesn't *cure,* it treats symptoms. So comparing it to, say, chemo and radiation (which I assume the "man-made chemical cocktails that often make you even sicker" comment comes in) isn't an apples to apples example. It's like saying "you can have Oxycontin or you can have pot." Neither makes you better. They just make you FEEL better.

2) If you've got a terminal illness and you're looking for relief of symptoms - frankly, imo, you take what brings you relief. I'm actually ok with medical marijuana use the same I'm ok with morphine (a potentially addictive RX drug) in hospice kits. Who cares at that point?
    Anonymous

• I smoke pot and it still sounds like an excuse.
    Anonymous

• "It is very uncommon and happens to those who are excessive long time users who usually suffer from co dependency issues.. Just like people with a deficiency for alcohol. "

I don't think you red the article.

"1) Medical marijuana doesn't *cure,* it treats symptoms. "

There are several people who would beg to differ. Google "Run from the Cure."
    Anonymous