What helped you with the itching for PUPPP rash?

I was prescribed Medrol, after a day and a half taking these tablets, I'm seeing no results, the rash is spreading still, and I feel like I want to scratch all my skin off! It itches SO bad! I've tried hydrocortizone (made it itch worse) and Calamine lotion (very short temporary relief & drying out my skin terribly).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they told me to try an aveeno oatmeal bath and the same stuff you tried. it got so bad for me that they were going to induce me but thank god i started on my own. and it didnt go away for almost 2 weeks after i had my baby...so dont get false hope that i will go away right as you have the baby cause it may not...sorry to bring in the bad news. just letting you know!!!
    Anonymous

• aveeno lotion
    Anonymous

• Honestly only thing that will make it go away is giving birth. I am sorry you have to deal with it tho! How much longer?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• OP-I know the only cure is giving birth, I just want some relief from this itch. I'm at 39 weeks, been having contractions, mucous plug is gone, crossing my fingers that this boy comes out real soon!
    Anonymous

• Taht is what I ment, I have known a couple of girls who had it and even the itch didn't go away at all til the baby was born. There was nothing they could do to get reliefe :(
    I do wish you luck and I hope your little one stops being stubborn and gets a move on LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• it wont go away until the baby is born but i used all the aveeno stuff . i remember how horrible it was. hang in there
    Anonymous