What happens when CPS comes?

At the first initial visit. What do they do? Someone I know called CPS on someone and we are wondering what exactly do they do when they go and "check" on the children or home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They ask questions, look through your house and mark any thing they consider faults. There expectations are quite outrageous. Depending on what the call was for and house hold sits. The kids can be taken to family for a few days, or taken to foster care for a more semi-permanent or permanent setting. If you need more info I am more than willing to help via pm . I wont go to far on this subject do to anon stalkers and how pissy I get when bashed on this. GOOD LUCK PM me if you need
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• they ask questions, investigate u and yur children and home.
    Anonymous

• They will evaluate the situation, take a look at the home, question the parents and the children, etc..
    Anonymous

• They usually just tell you why they are there, ask some questions (sometimes personal ones depending on the accusation) and ask to see the children. When someone spitefully called on me, they did not inspect my home. Perhaps if the complaint is about a dirty or unfit home they would ask to look around.
    Anonymous

• They will come to your house, sit down with you and ask some questions and ask your child some questions if necessary.They do not need to talk to your child alone however,if they do want to talk to your child,insist that you are in the same room.Then they will have you walk them through your house and they will even look inside your refridgerator and maybe even your cabinets. Make sure your fridge has food in it and there is no alchohol in there..even though alchohol is not illegal..you don't want to give them any excuse to keep the investigation open. They are actually usually pretty nice, they are just doing thier job. If the person they are coming to investigate needs stuff like a fridge or beds for the kids, that would be a good time to tell them that they need help and they can help that person get the items that they need.
    Anonymous

• I don't have an answer for this, because I've never had to deal with it. But, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and your friend luck too. Can't imagine what is going through their mind. Hopefully all goes well.
    Anonymous