what is up with cps?

i am have been dealing with them for 2 years now and no matter what i do to get my son back they find more things for me to do. my question is to all of u is have u ever delt with them or no any one that has and what did they have to go through

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My friend did. It took her 3 yrs to get her sons back. She had to have a job, place to live, room for them, beds, & complete counseling & attended every supervised visit that was set up.
    Anonymous

• www.cwla.org/childwelfare/fg02.pdf . just keep doing what they ask..also if you can get a lawyer
    amiablyme.wordpress.com/category/dcfs/; http://kidjacked.com/defense/15_helpful_tips.asp
    ANYONE can get their kids taken!! 17 tips on protecting yourself&kids:Be polite,DON'T allow them into your home without a warrant,DON'T sign anything,DON'T answer ANY questions without a lawyer,Allow them to see the kid(s) in the window,DON'T believe anything they say,DON'T allow them to talk to you kid alone, DON'T allow them to examine your kid without you and/or a lawyer,DON'T allow them to come to your home later for an interview,Tape record all conversations,keep a journal,NEVER except a plea bargain if innocent,Hire a private investigator,DON'T willingly surrender your kid,FIGHT them never give up,Take your story to the media if your kid(s) were taken.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• CPS doesnt just come round up kids. She said she's trying to get him back. They already have him so some of that is useless to her.
    Anonymous

• true anonymous 1:52 some of this info is too late for her, but not for others who read her question, but some of its not too late.
    NEVER except a plea bargain if innocent,DON'T willingly surrender your kid,FIGHT them never give up,Take your story to the media if your kid(s) were taken,Be polite, DON'T sign anything.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Thank you mailahlynn for posting that. I live in an area where people are notorious for calling cps on parents, so that's something I am paranoid about even though I am a great parent
    Anonymous

• My best friend put her kids in foster care because she could not care for them at the time. They bent over backwards to help her so she could have a stable environment for them. Every time she didn't hit a "deadline" for something they gave her more time. She finally got them back like 4 years later. I dont know why your son is in CPS care of course but you should do whatever they say. They want to make sure he is being returned to a proper home.
    Anonymous

• Next timetme tell them enough is enough-----my kids were is foster care for 5 days becuase of my SO drinking while he babysat and I was working nights and he went to treatment, I did everything they wanted, even got a day job and they still wouldn't close the case, I had them back in my custody within five days, but 6 months later the case was still open and I had to meet with a social worker weekly and a suprise visit monthly-- I finally said if this is not closed I will sue the county or state because it was bs they wanted all these medical tests on my DD stuff that had nothing to do with anything in the case. They closed it the next day!! And that was three years ago. I actually called the social worker a naughty name in court before I said it because it was getting out of hand,
    Anonymous