Do you know how to spell Aspergers?

Okay I have had it lol, It is not spelled any of the following ways

assburgers
ashburgers
asburgers

or the other 100 ways I have seen it spelled. Also if your child has it then you better know how to spell it because people at the schools and doctors are going to think your crazy if you cant spell it.

Anyone else have this pet peeve? are you sick and tired of the "burger"? Last i checked we were not at a drive thru!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• Yes I do - not because I have a child with it or even know anyone with it, but because misspellings bug the crap out of me. And I fully agree that if your child, or you s/o, or even you, have a medical condition or anything of the sort, you need to know how to spell it, not just take a wild guess.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I've never seen it spelled like that. It would bug me too!
    Anonymous

• I find it more offensive than when a mother calls her child an "aspie" it's sickening. They always get on other people for misspelling it when what they do is so much more offensive.
    Anonymous

• I always correct peoples pronunciation of it. I don't even have a child with it. I just happen to know the proper way to say/spell it. But, yeah, it bothers that heck out of me too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• how is using "aspie" offensive? sorry just trying to understand, i have never heard it was an offensive term.
    Anonymous

• Assburgers is how I remember how its pronounced. It is. Sound it out if you must. Aspergers is how I realize its spelled. Huge difference.
    Anonymous

• I'll call it whatever i want. I also call Alzheimer's "Old Timers".
    Anonymous

• no i do not know how to spell it. and my brother has it and i used to provide respite care for families of children with ASD (including Aspergers syndrome).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

HAHA me too!
    Anonymous

• LOL when I was a kid I wondered why they just called it Old Timers disease. And why there was a pocket knife with that name on it. It seemed so rude!
    Anonymous