Need help choosing a bike!?!?!?!

Me & DH spent over an hour at WalMart looking at bikes & I just dont know enough about bikes to make a good decision.
I really enjoyed the cruiser type bikes (http://www.walmart.com/ip/24-Girls-Next-La-Jolla-Cruiser/10899861). The step through design, the handlebars, its easy to pick up.. Its actually a PERFECT bike..
But one problem..
This bike does not have gears & me & dh are worried that will cause for a very hard ride for me.
Im 220lbs (trying to lose weight-hence a new bike)
We plan on riding around our neighborhood, scenic trails around our community that may have small hills/ inclines. Not planning on mountains or anything lol..

The mountain bikes with gears I hate the handle bars (have to ride leaning forward) and the "crotch" bar is so high its hard to get on! Grr.

Advice pleaseee!! No gears OK for now? Or suck it up & get something w/ gears?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• no gears is going to be fine for now. if you have a hard time with the hills, it is ok to get off your bike and walk it up. but eventually you will be losing weight and getting stronger at the same time, and the hills will get easier! if it turns out biking is something that you really love, you could get something different in two years or so.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• sorry---
    good for you for getting out there!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010