Slaughter Vote?

Pelosi says they can move ahead on healthcare now. they had their cozy meeting with the Dems and obviously have found no way they can pass the Senate bill in the house. Therfore they are seriously thinking of using what they are calling the slaughter vote. It's not a vote at all. Some one just waves a wand and Deems that the house has passes the bill and they go on from there as if they had the vote and it was approved. Pelosi gave a few details of what they planned on doing and they will drop the tax on expensive plans and instead tax your investments instead. They are wanting to drop the Freebies given to certain states also because those states couldn't agree to forgo their goodies promised them.
Can they stoop any lower? I hope every Democrat is voted out for more fiscal candidates. America will be furious if this happens this way. Doesn't this anger you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure does. Don't blame every Dem, though...there are a few out there who hate this as much as you do...Kucinich, for one.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like how America works. The healthcare bill should be passed, and I agree with Pelosi for once. Do what must be done to insure healthcare for all Americans.
    Anonymous

• Anon, you DO realize this bill WON'T ensure health care for all Americans, don't you?

If you actually mean what you say, and want health care for ALL Americans, you cannot support this bill.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Wow.. I mean...wow. And Anon...so you will be ok with this when REPUBLICANS get back in power and say want to SHOVE through some form of sweeping gay marriage ban legislation?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Do what must be done to insure healthcare for all Americans.

That would be completely scrapping this bill. There is nothing in any of the proposed bills, in any version of them, that provides healthcare for all. Most of them are specifically written in ways which are guarantee to exclude people while still forcing them to pay into the system for 4 years to make sure they have some money to cover all the expense they're putting out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Ah... so this is House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter's B.S.! Wonderful! When the rules get in the way? Make new ones to over turn those rules. Gotta love this administration, can't pass this crap the way it is intended... but they sure will try do it any way.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I doubt it will stand up to judicial scrutiny.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Does anyone really know if this mess passes can it be reversed when non-idiots are in power? This bill will literally break my family financially. I am really scared about it.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The moonbat strikes again.California? GET WITH IT and get this hack of a woman out for the sake of us all I beg of you...damn! Everybody knows the lady is mental 'but but we have to pass the bill so that you can find out whats in it" <~~~ those words came from that horses mouth.I think its funny too how this adminstration has done all they could to demonize insurance companies spreading around falsities that insurance companies make some astronomical profits.Even the best of them make a bit over a 4 percent profit.BUT look this HC bill will MANDATE (force by law and if you do not you are fined yearly and or possibly spend time in jail) that ALL Americans MUST purchase health insurance..hmmm lol.Blah,most know its a lousy way to go about reform..but this woman this moonbat just wont quit she has to have HER way.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I mentioned this possibility last week! Yes, Obama and Pelosi because they cannot get the votes in the House, will just pass the version that the Senate passed on Christmas Eve! At this point, they are obviously hellbent on passing ANYTHING that has the words "health care" on it!

I think many of the Dems NOW see the writing on the wall, and if they want to be re-elected in November, they had better vote "no" and distance themselves from Pelosi and Company!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010