c-section pain after a year?

After my 3rd c-section I had so much pain I went back into my doc office about a month after. He of course seemed unconcerned, and said if it was still bad after 6 weeks to come back so they could look. But my insurance ran out before I could. Over the year it's been hurting constantly. Usually it's a weird numb pain that spreads to my belly button, and hurts a lot. especially when I touch my stomach. The scar itself is always stinging and burning. It's been exactly a year now and my Doctor is still not concerned. Should I be trying for a second opinion? Or has anyone else had this long of recovery

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• I would go for a second opinion.

Anonymous

• I had a csection 15 months ago and it never hurt after the first few weeks. Of course, it was my first (csection, not birth) and I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I would definitely be looking for a 2nd opinion - that doesn't sound normal!

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i know this is different, but i have a scar that i got 7 years ago that still hurts and bothers me at times...but if it's been hurting constantly, i would go for a second opinion, a year is too long to deal with that pain constantly!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It sounds like you have nerve damage (the numbness and stinging...I've had this after each of my 3 c-sections) and maybe also some adhesions (internal scarring). They don't do anything for the adhesions unless they are causing harm to an internal organ (can affect bowel and/or bladder function).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my sil had excess scar tissue internally that was lasered away about 1 year after her section.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010