What is more important...Pay or Enjoying your job.

My husband recently had 2 job interviews, and got both jobs. So now he's hung up.
Job 1:My mother got him the interview.Shes friends with the owner. They loved how respectful he was (military does that to you) and when we went up there to look at cars they were SO excited he was to be starting next week.Pay 8/hr. Working at a car lot.Start the cars, clean them, gas them, take care of lot, building.Then in his spare time, he gets to go in the shop and help tinker on cars.
Job 2:His friend told him about the second job.Lowes (Home supply store) 9/hr.As a car loader.
Now my DH is ur typical car FREAK! Loves to tinker so naturally, the car lot mentioned the garage, he fell in love.I did some math, and just doesn't seem like there is a big enough difference in price for me to beg for the better paying job.Lowes is across town, car lot is down the street. So way less gas! He's just not sure how to choose, or how to let one down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Is there a chance for improvement at the 1st job? What other benefits are involved? Does either job have raises involved? If he is going to be at $8 forever and Lowes has raises and benefits then I think you need to do what is best for your family in the long run.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would think the 1st job would have the most room for "advancement." If he learns enough about cars he can do some freelance work or work himself into a better paying job.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Enjoying the job is what makes it...as long as he's not coming home angry or frustrated...adding stress to your marriage is not worth an extra buck
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 5:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2010