What is more important...Pay or Enjoying your job.

My husband recently had 2 job interviews, and got both jobs. So now he's hung up.
Job 1:My mother got him the interview.Shes friends with the owner. They loved how respectful he was (military does that to you) and when we went up there to look at cars they were SO excited he was to be starting next week.Pay 8/hr. Working at a car lot.Start the cars, clean them, gas them, take care of lot, building.Then in his spare time, he gets to go in the shop and help tinker on cars.
Job 2:His friend told him about the second job.Lowes (Home supply store) 9/hr.As a car loader.
Now my DH is ur typical car FREAK! Loves to tinker so naturally, the car lot mentioned the garage, he fell in love.I did some math, and just doesn't seem like there is a big enough difference in price for me to beg for the better paying job.Lowes is across town, car lot is down the street. So way less gas! He's just not sure how to choose, or how to let one down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Definitely choose something you love. I know right now money is short for everyone, but I would definitely tell my own husband to do what he loves
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• His happiness is worth a lot, provided you're making enough to live on. We are going to take a 20% pay-cut when my husband changes jobs. But I am okay with it, because he's miserable where he is now.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• happiness is better for the whole family wayyyy more than money....majority rules lol
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd get the car lot job. He won't be making any more at Lowes considering the maintenence on car and gas. It may cost him less to work there.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd tell him to go for the car job, and tell Lowe's that he's found another position. No need to go into detail or anything, but he should tell them he's no longer interested.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010