Why does makeup cost SO much?

Seriously.. I don't want to pay 9 bucks for a lip gloss.... its getting rediculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because women will buy it regardless. Makeup is like an addiction to ALOT of women. Can't go without it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• there are lots of less expensive brands out there

And why post anon.. is this such a controversial question!?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Actually I did it on accident. Guess i'm used to posting anon. lol
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• What brands are less expensive? I went to get make up the other day cuz my kid ruined all mine and the only make up that wasn't over five dollars was for kids..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It doesn't have to. I work for Este Lauder, I can't imagine why people pay that much for cosmetics. I never pay a fraction of what those ladies pay!

Did you know that Loncome and Lorial are the same company? Yet Lorial costs a fraction of Loncome... Doesn't make much sense to me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Check out companies like NYC, Avon, Wet & Wild... All of which have lower cost cosmetics, and you can usually get them even cheaper online. I know I do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• the Rite Aid near my house has Bonnie Bell - super cheap eyeliners and lip liners. I grab a couple of each, I use lipliner for my cheeks (I'm older and powder blush makes me look super stupid) and fill in my lips with it and cover it with chapstick. Also, if I run out of my eyeliner (or if it gets swiped off my makeup table by my 8 yo in an attempt to impress her friends) I dip a thin eyeshadow brush in baby oil and swipe it through powdered eyeshadow. I've even used mascara on the brush to make dramatic waterproof eyeliner.
    There's all kinds of ways around it, I spend probably 10 bucks every six months or so and that's mostly for powder or foundation. But the bonnie bell (I think that's what it's called, anyway) is on an endcap of the store aisle and they run 99 cents each.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 2:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• true- its something we will buy regardless of price. i personally like to splurge on MAC (like once every 2 years lol!) but i can usually just find some cheap NYC eyeliner, etc.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 2:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I just spent $5 on eyeshadow. I normally don't buy it that much but I couldn't resist so I thought "what the heck?". It's Maybelline eyestudio.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I feel you.

I spent almost $150 last week on make up.. That was : foundation, powder, eyeliner, masscara and 2 lipsticks.........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010