If you could, would you slam on your brakes, and allow a tailgater to rear end you to teach them a lesson?

You know, the tailgater who runs right up your fender, who's endangering you and everyone else on the road? Would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had to laugh when I read this, my husband has said many times how he wishes he could do just that, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• No, I wouldn't and don't do that. Why would I want to waste time standing on the side of road collecting insurance info from an already hostile person? I have much much better and more productive things to do with my time thank you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i did once before i had my son. this guy would not get off my ass and kept honking and cursing at me out the window. well i was going the speed limit actually 5 over, and he would not let up. so i got fed up slowed down a bit then did a "break check" and bam he wacked right into me, and the lovely part was at much as he told the cops it was my fault it didnt matter cause in NJ its a no fault law meaning the person in the rear is always the one to blame, so i got a new bumper (which was allready jacked up) out of it!
    Anonymous

• I've brake-checked people tons of times...but no I wouldn't ever SLAM on them so that the person hits me. Even though it would probably teach them a good lesson, and they would have to pay for all the damage, I wouldn't take the chance of them A. getting serioulsy injured, or injuring me, B. not having car insurance, or C. running from the scene or something like that. The risks outweigh the rewards in my opinion. And I have been in 3 car accidents...all of which someone ran into the back of me...and it was NOT fun.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• not only do i slow down, but if they dont get the hint, i will break check. its not a game for me, stay away. its really sad that i cant even see your hood while we are driving 70 down the interstate!!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't slam suddenly on my brakes but I definitely slow waaaaay down. Nice and slow-like. LOL You thought I was slow before, asshole? You'll be praying for that speed. Then I make eye contact in my rearview mirror and enunciate these words like my life depended on it "YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE." and then I grin a shit eating grin and continue at about 20 mph. LOL
    Anonymous

• No because I care about my son's safety when he's in the car.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't slam on my brakes, because that would hurt me, but I do slow down, every time, just to piss them off. Then, I laugh as they speed and zoom around me, to disappear into the sunset. HA HA HA HA HA
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I brake check them. Some people are just tailgaters. They don't want to pass even though it's a two lane road and there's no cars in the other lane. They still won't pass they just want to ride your ass. I try to keep a two car following distance. If someone slams into me, they get the ticket, not me. It's their faults for following too closely.

FYI: I NEVER do this with my children in the car. I just get out of the way when someone is driving like an asshole.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• This is clearly a joke that a lot of moms here can't take.
    Anonymous