Is there a such thing as a slow developing baby?

I found out that i was pregnant on January 25th and when they gave me an U/S they only seen a gestational sac. A week later they did a follow up and it was a yolk sac but no heartbeat. I went to the ER on February 27th and the U/S was still showing the same as before. My HCG level was 4300. My LMP was 11/11/09 but i am absolutely positive that i did not get pregnant until mid-late January.

flamez69

Asked by flamez69 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Babies all develope differently so in honesty noone can answer that for you here. I would talk about it with your Dr.
    I know we didn't see a heart beat on U/S til 6 weeks.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i kinda figured that but a lot of people have been telling me that they didnt see a embryo until almost 8 weeks and a heartbeat until almost 10....just wanted to know if im not the only one going thru this same situation.
    flamez69

Answer by flamez69 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• No I am sure things are fine, With my daughter we didn't see a heart beat til about 8 - 9 weeks.
    My son I didn't have an ultra sound til 21 weeks so couldn't tell you on him.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• its kinda hard to pinpoint how far along i am because my periods are so irregular so i think thats why they keep giving me a threatened miscarriage diagnosis but i have not once bleeded or had major cramping.
    flamez69

Answer by flamez69 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• At the ER they ALWAYS give that diagnosis, Have you seen a actualy OBGYN yet? I can tell you from personal experiance they just love to scare you at the ER. They are such butt holes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• no not yet i only went to the ER becuz i had bacterial vaginosis
    flamez69

Answer by flamez69 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would definatly look in to just a Dr then. I would not take what the ER said to heart.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i go for my first obgyn appointment on the 17th and i was just a bit nervous cuz they told me that it wasnt growin anymore but according to them i should have miscarried by now
    flamez69

Answer by flamez69 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My doc was obsessed with the date of my LMP and didn't believe me on the date of conception because it was at least a week after I should have ovulated. Obviously, I knew that was the only time I had sex in the month so it had to be the date of conception. He wouldn't revise my due date until after my ultrasound but I was already a couple of months along at that point. So I didn't have your problems, just wanted to let you know sometimes docs get stuck on a date even when you are telling them you know info otherwise. Good luck- I hope everything will be fine!!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• thanx for your support. i switched doctors because of their unwillingness to hear you out. I hate when they believe that all women and pregnancies should be the same
    flamez69

Answer by flamez69 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010