Painting question. Help?

I am going to paint my daughters room. When you paint a room do you typically paint all the walls? Or do you paint just the walls and leave the ceiling white?

Asked by ali_1107 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If its a very pale color you can do the walls and ceiling the same, or if it has very very very high ceilings you could do all one color too, otherwise, I'd do the ceiling white.

Answer by gramsmom at 2:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I leave the ceiling white

Answer by rochellecole at 2:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I leave the ceiling white, too.

Answer by Christina807 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• White ceilings here, too.

Answer by MaryMW at 3:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Leave the ceiling white.

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

That's what I was thinking too. I painted our room, and my oldest daughters room and left both ceilings white. Just was curious what everyone else has done. I don't really care for the whole room painted! Thanks though everyone for your answers!

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Our ceilings are white but it is purely a personal choice.

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I left the ceilings white in my kids rooms, but I painted the ceiling one shade darker than my walls in my master bedroom, and it looks AWESOME! It makes the room look so much bigger, and really lends a "designer" feel to it. It is your personal preference, but some rooms look spectacular with painted ceilings.

Answer by vicesix at 9:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Usually I leave them white, but if there is a tray ceiling, or you want that effect, you can trim it out in another color. It gives dimension and can make the ceiling appear higher.

Answer by cafeclubmom at 11:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2010