covering up??

I didnt really know what to call this lol OK so we all know around 3 or 4ish (i say ish cuz its obviously differentfo all kids) they get curious about the body. You know what I mean, like the outwardly making comments curious. So, around that age a lot of moms stop bathing or changing in front of the boys right? Well all this leads to my question, when did you stop undressing in front of your boys. Its so crazy because my 15 month old saw me changing today and he just stares, but today he looked up points at my boobs and says balloon!!!! is that normal? lol He always stares and like is already figuring out what parts are. If i'm going to the bathroom he wants to stare down below and check it out....is this too early for this kind of curiousity?? I've never seen a kid so young take such an interest. Of course with other ppls kids you dont change or bathe with them....soo I'm really just wondering. Hope I wasnt confusing!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL@ calling the boobs a balloon! haha...I would have laughed so hard. I think its just a natural sense of curiosity.I believe the last time my son saw me completley naked he was like 3 or 4. He's nearing 10 now and the most he sees is when I get out of the shower and I have a towel wrapped around me to walk to my bedroom to get dressed.
    But anyway...still giggling over here at the "balloon" comment...write that one down, its priceless! LMAO! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My DD is 17 months and she just started getting this kind of curiousity. LIke the other day I was going to the bathroom and she was just dying to see what was going on. And sometimes when I am dressing she will look, or if I have a loose top on she will get curious and try to look down my shirt. I just chalk it up to normal curiousity though. I think I have seen that a good sign to look for in regards to when to cover up is when your child starts showing a desire for their own privacy and an awareness or shyness of their body that it is a good sign that the time has come for more modesty. Although some cultures never really cover up, it's not abnormal for families to sauna together in a lot of places, usually naked, so I also think it is just what works for your family and what you feel comfortable with. If a parent or child starts to feel funny about the nakedness then I think you know it's time at any age.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• pp--ya it made me laugh! I was just surprised that hes able to recognize the difference of parts already at 15 months, like if he walks in while i'm in the bathroom he completely studies everything! lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• o i forgot to add that after i was done dressing we went into the living room and when i sat down on the couch he climbed on my lap, touched my cleavage (they're not small so it happens even in the tank i'm wearing lol) and starts laughing...like he remembered them! lol darn kid!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010