Moms Working at Home?!?

Ladies, I understand that very few people actually like their job. However, I HATE my job. They are unprofessional, unorganized, childish and there is no protocol what so ever. But it pays the bills and my income is the main source of income for my home. Are there any moms that make a decent living from home. I would rather not get involved with the at home businesses that I have to pay to start up, but I am open for suggestions. This enviornment isn't healthy for anyone much less a pregnant women.

deirdrejones

Asked by deirdrejones at 2:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Maybe it is time to get your Linkedin profile updated and start your stealth job search. There are lots of great tips, and support, in the Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I am in the process of getting my insurance licensing. In Texas, all you have to do is pass an exam. Once I pass the exam, I am going to apply to work for LiveOps accepting inbound calls from people who are ready to buy life and health insurance. LiveOps pays per minute talk time plus sales incentives. You can work as an agent for LiveOps without the license, but the insurance agents make the most money. You can also write insurance for people locally by getting contracted with life and health insurance companies. You will make residual comissions because the clients pay a monthly premium. You can also get licensed for property and casuality which allows you to sell car insurance, home owner's insurance, etc. You would be able to work from home and create your own schedule this way. You would still need someone to watch your little ones though because even though you work from home, it still requires your attention.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i love my job..i have a work at home job and business.. i make my own schedule and its great..
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 3:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Most home "businesses" do require start up money. If you're looking for a job, which is free, go to Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I work from home and love it. I market for a wellness company with a team of moms. We do daily webcast that are free. It goes over what we do. Its 15 mins and would like to invite you to one. After you have seen it then you decided if its something your interested in doing then go from there. NO Pressure!! Email me and let me know.

Danielle
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 6:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I sell on eBay, mainly now for spending money, but I run our carpet cleaning business from home, even though we are now looking for office space since we are growing.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Most home businesses are going to require start up funds, but the price varies considerably. The old saying "You have to spend money to make money" is true; HOWEVER you don't have to break the bank doing it.

I've trid a lot of the home businesses, and many of them are scams. I've lost hundreds of dollars on them.

I finally found a company where I can do the majority of my work from home and its not a scam, or a get rich quick scheme. This company has been in business for almost forty years, and their stock is solid. I've only been doing if for a few weeks and I've already triple my investment.

www.prepaidlegal.com/go/maryejacobs you can watch a video and message me if you want more info.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2010