Shortness of breath

I'm almost 20 weeks along, and I'm so short of breath! Even when I hardly do anything! Is this normal?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, but mention it to your Doctor anyway. They need to know in case it gets worse or becomes a problem.
    Anonymous

• I was the same way with my 2nd pregnancy. It was horrible. It just got worse for me also (the bigger I was, the harder it was to breath). But everything was fine with me and the baby.!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The bigger the baby gets and taks up more space...the bigger the uterus becomes and it presses on your lungs a bit making it you have shortness of breath. It was like that more so for me when I was pregnant with my son than my daughter..I don't know why..but I could not wait till he was born so I could breath again! lol. Just one more pleasantries of the pregnant world,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I get winded just walking to the mailbox, lol. It depends on where the baby has positioned itself. It may be pushing on your lungs and such.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yes this not being able to breath right sucks lol
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 10:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• NO that early it is not normal!! i have had this problem since i got pregnant (even before i knew i was) ! I am 21 weeks and it gets so bad i cant walk to the bathroom or up our stairs without gasping for air ! My OBGYN said it is common at the end orf your pregnancy ( when there is no room and baby is pressing on everything) it is not normal now the sent me to a breathing dr who has done several test including EKG, Cardio uitrasound and chest x rays they even ultrasound my legs looking for a clot they still can not find anything but i cant workout of go shopping alone!
    Anonymous