teething tablets

anyone have any info on teething tablets? i heard they also have calming ones

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They work pretty well. The main ingredient in both teething and "calming" tablets is chamomile. It helps take the "edge" off of the emotional upset of being in pain. You still need to use pain medicine to take away the pain though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I've heard great things about the teething tablets, although I never used them b/c my pediatrician advised against them. She said they contain trace amounts of narcotics. However, other moms informed me that the amount is so incredibly tiny that it can't have any affect, even if your baby ate the whole bottle. I still stayed away from them to be on the safe side.
    leahjoy

Answer by leahjoy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I love them!! I get the Hylands Teething Tablets from Walmart. I use them only when he is really fussy. Of course with everything there is a risk if you dont follow directions.
    Evansmom9607

Answer by Evansmom9607 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• We love the teething tablets the nerve tonic (calming tablets) was not as affective for my little ones.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• WELL I HAD THE COLIC TABLETS AS WELL AND THEY ARE GREAT!
    kimsboys

Answer by kimsboys at 5:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008