Swaddle weening help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i'm weening my 5 month old son off his swaddle because he is starting daycare soon :( when I go back to school. We are doing the one arm out at a time process, but he wont even go to sleep without both arms in. He'll cry and scream and turn red and refuse to sleep. I don't know what to do! Do any of you have good calming tips or how to help him get used to the one arm?

MegPin

Asked by MegPin at 3:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he roll over yet? If he rolls over, I don't think it is safe to keep his arms in. Does he sleep in a crib? Maybe you could try the two arms out and then let him sleep in his car seat or papasan chair a couple nights so he feels more secure. Just some ideas.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The daycare could do the swaddling also. You need to go into the daycares and talk to the teacher that would take care of him. I worked in several daycares over my time and we would do what ever the child liked to get them to sleep. That is like a security blanket to him so you need to make him feel good at the daycare also. If you are changing other parts of routin than it might be good to keep that in tack.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 4:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The daycare won't swaddle him?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Another reason why is because he is a huge baby. He is in the 95th % on height and off the charts in weight and I can't find/afford anymore swaddles in his size. He can wiggle out of the one I have now (summer hippo one) and he HATES the woombie that he used to love and is almost to big for it anyway.
    MegPin

Answer by MegPin at 4:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You do know that you can swaddle a baby just using a blanket right? You don't have to throw away money on some premade blanket.
    And with a normal blanket he can't get to big.
    MommyCeight

Answer by MommyCeight at 7:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010