If a girl your [underage] son had been dating claimed to be pregnant by your son, would you demand a DNA test after the baby was born?

IMHO, if a female has nothing to hide, she will have NO problem submitting a DNA test. It's the ones that get defensive and angry that raise the red flags.

This is ALL hypothetically speaking, mind you. My son is in pre-k.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• HELL YES!
    Anonymous

• I guess it would depend on the relationship, if this was a girl he had been exclusive with and I knew her well I probably wouldnt , but if we are talking about some random girl he hadnt dated and just had one encounter with at a party then yeah I probably would. I know it sounds bad but the circumstances would really determine my trust in what is being said, I tend to trust people I have gotten to know and who have earned my trust, anyone else and I am leary.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• it would depend on the situation.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how well I THINK I know the girl. The fact is, my underage son is not going to spending every waking moment with her. I would completely demand one, and if the mother of the girl is any kind of woman, she'd demand one, too-just to keep the air clear. By the same token, if my daughter came up pregnant before she was old enough to make any kind of grown up decision, I would tell her to give the boy she claimed is the father a DNA test. It's not a double standard here.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon 3:08...it would depend on the situation. If there is reason to believe they weren't exclusive, then yes I think a DNA test would be in everyones best interest. If they were always together, totally smitten, and all that...well I wouldn't think it necessary. Here's hoping we don't ever have to worry about that!
    Anonymous

• What about if it was your daughter? And the mother of the other boy was insisting on a DNA test?
    Anonymous

• I got very defensive and very mad when my EXs mom asked for one. They KNEW that he was my first and my only, They KNEW that my son was his. They put me thru hell the whole pregnancy and only when he was born did they drop it and FINALLY say yes we know that is jeffs baby. The only reason his mom wanted one and they started denying it was because I refused an abortion. Don't assume that because they get defensive that it should raise red flags. That isn't always the case.
    Honestly I don't know what I would do. I agree with anon it would depend
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't think that is your call to make, he is going to know better if she could be lying about it or not, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to make her life hell, they both did the deed be angry with him and don't put unneeded stress on the girl because you don't like the situation.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Mrs. Owen, if I were you, I would have LAUGHED in their faces. It's what I did when my kids' father said that when I was pg with our daughter. He said he wanted a DNA test. I couldn't stop laughing. I said, "SURE! No problem!" then I got really serious, "I will have NO problem making you feel like the dumbass that you are being." I was 6 months pregnant at the time, and he never asked again after that. I put him in his place. When he saw her be born, HE CRIED, "Oh my Gaw! That's MY face!"
    Anonymous

• I wish I could had cried, But with how we met and how he sort of took advantage of the vulnerable state I was in he had already hurt me enough. It killed me that they were like that to me. I was so horribly depressed the whole time.

Yes he was what I considered my 1st but my first time was due to a " friend" who deceived me , raped me and then shortly after I met my ex. He knew the right things to do and well , I gave in :(  I was only 17 so it was also the huge mess of noone believing me in my group of friends either. I literally had noone thanks to him. So the DNA suggestion was the last jab .. YA know

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010