Parking lot etiquette?

Okay so if another car is backing out of it's space do you personally wait for them to finish pulling out OR do you drive past them hoping they will see you and stop. How is it 'supposed' Who has the right of way. The person backing out or the person who drives up AFTER the person has started backing out?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If they are in motion I think they have the right of way. They have a limited view and the driver driving through the lot would have 100% view... I think it behoves the driver driving through the lot to stop.

I get VERY mad at the people who speed up to try and get around me when Im already in motion... just rude and self centered behavior.

I also HATE that some of the rudest drivers I run into are in the church parking lot... I find that sooo odd.
    Anonymous

• If they are already in motion as i approach then I stop and wait, if i am at their car and they decide shift in reverse and to start backing out anyhow i keep going. There are alot of people who forget to look behind them before backing up.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I hate it when I am backing up and people see I am backing up and they keep on going past me. If you see some one backing up. STOP and let them finish back up.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• if you are already in motion, then you have the right of way. if you havent moved yet, then it is your responsibility to look and make sure the coast is clear. after all, you are backing into the flow of traffic.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010