can you tell what your are having by anything else besides an ultrasound????? my baby just will not cooperate for some reason

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Only if they actually do genetic testing, but that's actually really risky.
    Anonymous

• you could try the red cabbage test but it's just for fun, not totally accurate. I think it's like 80%.
    just google red cabbage gender test for instructions.
    (it's the same thing as that intelligender test you can buy at the store for $35, but a cabbage will cost you about $3 at the store LOL
    Anonymous

• amniocentisis (sp?) but it's risky & is usually done to test for genetic defects if there is cause for concern.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• what rAbella said.
    Anonymous

• baby's birth is most accurate. Just ask that baby gifts be bought after birth, for color accuracy. The 'givers' will still have a lot of fun and excitment choosing gifts then -sometimes gifts have to be returned because old wives tales and tests were wrong. And baby really doesn't care as a nearborn and for a while afterwards that nursery was in neutral colors of yellow with pink and blue here and there thrown in.

Enjoy baby, the sex of baby is secondary right now - you can still write a journal for baby about pregnancy and your dreams for baby-

Congratulations mommy, all 3 of my babies' sexes were surprises for us at birth - it really made each birth most exciting to wait for that second to hear health of baby and sex too!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well you can't go by the heart rate, that's for sure. I found out yesterday that I am having another boy and his heart rate has been over 140 supposedly that's supposed to be a girl, well, it's definitely not!!! The only thing that has been even close to accurate is me carrying low with both my boys. Good luck!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Oh and you can try to eat a big meal before going for another ultrasound, that seemed to help get my boys stirring.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My NP told me I was having a girl by the heartbeat. I've heard it is not accurate every time but it sure was with me. At the time I didn't really put much stock in it until we saw the ultrasound. She was all over the place in there and for a few seconds opened up so we got the most clear picture ever of her gender. I figure heartbeat count works at least some of the time.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Girl!!! they seem to be way more modest at an ultrasound. Boys spread em. Lol
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010