Would you be defensive if your s/o asked you for a DNA test, or would you laugh in his face and offer him one?

I was hurt, but I refused to show it. I laughed, made him feel stupid, and he apologized and didn't ask again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I guess it depends on what your relationship has been like. Has he he had reason not to trust you? If so I would do it to put his mind at ease. Thats not something you want him wondering.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• a dna test? why would he want my dna? OH.... sorry blond menment.... you mean to find out if our kids are his?

We were married PIOR to having kids... so basically he would be calling me a slut. That is horrible... and I never would have married a man who thought so little of me. So I have no worries about this ever happening.

IF we were not married before kids... it could be a legitimate question. But I think it would be VERY odd for a man to raise children as his own and THEN have a change of heart. At that point I would think there is more to the story.

Anonymous

• He had NO reason to distrust me...But he had trust issues with women at the time. His sisters warned me about it, and to be prepared. I have basically just killed him with kindness and pretty much put his fears to rest when it comes to us.
    ~OP
    Anonymous

• i dont think my husband would ever ask that. we're best friends. and i guess we dont have any trust issues... i would definately laugh..
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 4:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If you have nothing to fear/the kid/s are his. Do the DNA/peternity test. Why BS around.

Answer by louise2 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well, since I had the kids when we met, he knows they're not his, so I'd laugh at him, and then find a dr to give him a mental competency test. But that's not what you meant. lol

If my ex husband, who is their bio father, asked for a DNA test, I would tell him, fine he can have one. But he is paying for it, and oh by the way, my dad will be coming with me, and he will know what's going on. B/c if he asked for one, he'd be saying I was a slut, and my dad would not take that very well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I too was hurt, but kept it to myslef - and did it - and laughed at him when he got the results. (DUH yes you are the father)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Every relationship is different, with my DH he would jokingly ask If I wanted a DNA test to see if the kids were mine, no not his mine lol because there are days when i wonder if they have any of my genes. He would NEVER seriously ask for a DNA test and he even had past relationships with trust issues so that is no excuse.

We got pregnant while engaged so I am sure in the eyes of some he had every right to ask for one, but what was the point? we were engaged, living together and had been together for 4 years. We knew exactly what was happening with the other and we shared a car to save money for the wedding and we worked at the same company lol, yeah we knew each others every move so there was never a question because we were together almost 24/7.

I am sorry you SO made you feel so badly, it would bug me too. I am not sure i would have been as kind as you about it I probably would have ripped him a new one.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I wasn't with my older son's dad, he married when he joined the army, his wife advised to take a DNA test, child support maybe, who knows, I laughed in his face and had him pay for it, then used the 99.9% results to take him to child support enforcement....he asked for this when my son was 6 years old so he had to pack back taxes (3 yrs max in AZ, darn!)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If he was serious? I wouldn't be defensive, I'd be pissed as hell and he'd know it. Now our last baby was conceived after my hubby'd had a vasecotmy, so we joked about the mailman, but he never once seriously thought our son wasn't his. And of course after he was born he turned out to pretty much be a clone of my hubby. But he's never distrusted me, nor had a reason to, so I couldn't see him seriously asking something like that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2010