No nap time

okay my daughter is almost 19 months old and she has to much energy haha. I can't get her to take a nap. I work till 3 in the morning and am going to pick up a second job to help pay for sons nicu bills. my husband says she doesn's sleep for him either when he's home (we work oppisite shifts) but she goes to bed at 8 for him then wakes up at 7:30. I'm getting no sleep especially with a newborn as well. Any suggestions on how to get her to take even like an hour nap? I just need to rest my eyes for a tiny bit.

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 3:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my girls stopped napping. We had down time. They had to go to there room and stay there. They could read books or play in there for an hour. It helped me when I am sick to get a bit of rest or some cleaning done. They do tend to fall asleep a lot when we did it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Try to encourage "quiet time"! She does not have to take a nap, but maybe sit in the bed and read her books. Or maybe lay in the bed with you and let her watch a cartoon while you rest! Good Luck and I hope you get some rest!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Put her down for a nap anyway! She doesn't have to actually sleep. She can quietly play with a toy or a soft book. My 20 month old naps in the morning, but in the afternoons she has a "rest period". I need the down time to relax and get a few things done around the house.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010