i made him feel really bad =(

So my husband and I are a VERY young couple. W have been married for almost 2 years. I'm 19 and he's 19 but going to turn 20 very soon. I just had a baby 6 months ago(it was out first child) and I made sure that I got back to my normal size...I keep up with my appearance and I don't wear those grandma undies (even though i have a few for that time of the month tmi). When i was pregnant my husband started to get the pregnancy symptoms as well he started to have cravings and gained a little weight. I haven't said anything about it until a few weeks ago when we came upon the subject "what would you change about my appearance" I told him that he was being very lazy and getting big. Now he knew he was getting big, but all he use to do was complain when pants didnt fit. So my dh got really upset, and now uses it against me alot when i tell him Im not in the "mood". Im not sure what i shoulld do to improve the situtation.can u help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you could try working out together? That way you stay your good size (congrats and good job on getting back down!) and he gets back down and stays that way as well. = ) If you get started on a road of unhealthy behaviors that young it can lead to much more issues than just being a larger size. It can lead to health issues down the road. So tell him you want to spend that time with him (make it quality time for the two of you - take walks together and such) and that it is important to you that the two of you stay healthy for your current and future child(ren)'s sake. = )
    Plus I know I think it is sexy when my BF works out, so tell him you think it's hot. ; )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• please no bashing i already feel terrible
    Anonymous

• He needs to grow up and get over it. He asked, AND you have lost your weight. (which is GREAT btw - 6 yrs later I am still working on it - lol)

If he brings it up to use against you tell him that he is hurting your feelings and that you only answered a question that he asked, that he is making you feel bad and it needs to stop.

mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• op- ive tired but he said that i made him feel bad by not being attracted to him
    Anonymous

• lol.. I just told my husband he was fat yesterday.. He was PISSED!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Why should you feel terrible. He is the one that gained and not lost the weight. Just tell him it is not his weight that is stoping you from wanting to have sex it is you are tired or some othe reaso you can think of.

Answer by louise2 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• if the subject comes up...give him the "i dont know" type of answers or just one worded answer...i do this with hubby a lot cause he does the same thing, he asks me stuff then if i give him a truthful answer he will turn it around and rub it in my face like that.

or you could ADD to your answer...say that you MEANT that he is lazy and getting big BUT that doesnt mean he is lazy about housework or lazy anywhere else. just lie a little??
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• That wasn't very nice. Being a little overweight doesn't necessarily equal being lazy. Pregnant ladies gain weight and some have a hard time losing the weight. Does that make them lazy?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My DH and I use to workout together, we both lost a good bit of weight. It was nice quality time together, and by getting him to workout with me was my secret way of getting him to slim down ;-)
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 5:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Some of you women are jerks! as for your husband, think about it this way... what if he said something about YOUR weight. I know for a fact you would be pist too and feel unattractive because of it. Someday you hard work and good genes won't be enough and you will gain weight no matter what you do... What then? Will it be fair game for you husband to say something about it? Perhaps you should think before you speak. Right now your just being even more selfish, your wanting advice to stop a reaction from your husband that YOU created. Your just going to have to apologize alot and make him feel sexy again... as well as ride this out! you made you bed, know you gonna have to lay in it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010