What would you do about this gift?

Last year, my FMIL gave my BF and I a weekend at a local B&B as a combined birthday gift. She told us she had bought it at an auction her ladies club held that year. The only problem was she said that we needed to let her know when we wanted to use it because the woman who put it up for auction had made special arrangements with the B&B and we'd have to go thru her to redeem it. No problem, right? Wrong. Last fall we had a free weekend (they're far and few between) so we decided we were going to try to cash it in. We call FMIL and she contacts this women. Turns out this woman was in the hospital having surgery and although my FMIL tried to go around her, she just couldn't make it happen. I was just cleaning out my desk and noticed the card again. Do you think I should call FMIL and try again? I don't want to be a pest, but if FMIL paid money for this, we should be able to use it, don't you think?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 4:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• YES!! Not only should you use it because it was paid for, your FMIL would be very very disappointed if you didn't. Try and try again, until you get to enjoy it!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• No harm in trying.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would call. It don't hurt 2 ask, espeally when they already paid for it.GOODLUCK!
    proud_mom21

Answer by proud_mom21 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• sure... give it one more try.
    luck! and have fun!
    Anonymous

• yup, it's money paid for. If not, I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau

Answer by admckenzie at 8:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2010