Knees hurting?

I am overweight but not morbidly obese. But lately my knees hurt all the time. Walking up stairs and squatting down nearly kill me. I know the obvious answer is to lose weight but that's not going to happen over night. So any thing else I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• nope, i'm not being mean but the extra fat on your thighs is pusing your kneecap down (i have this problem need to lose about 30lbs myself) anyways just walk more frequently up stairs or up a big hill and do lunges and squats....it's helping me slowly lose my thigh fat GL
    Anonymous

• You may have developed osteo arthritis in your knees - you should talk to your doctor about it. It happened to me - carrying extra weight around can wear down your joints and cause pain - the knees are usually one of the first places to have pain from it. An x-ray should be able to tell you whether or not you have it.

OR you could try some of that condroitin (sp?) joint pain/joint lubrication pills - if that helps, then it probably is osteo arthritis.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010