Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i have a child from another marriage and me and the dad has shared custody. i have primary custody but i want to fight for full custody. how can i do that if i dont know how, when, where or what hes doing. i absolutely have no info for him. how can i go about getting full custody easily and cheap. im in florida

Answer Question

Asked by ajmlaa at 5:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You can't. Unless you go threw a lawyer.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

  • but he isnt here in the usa. child support said he isnt in the country

    Answer by ajmlaa at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

  • How do you have shared custody if hes not in the country? How do you share a child with someone and have no information about them?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

  • we have been divorced for 5 yrs and it went thru then. i just lost contact 3 yrs ago and left it at that but now im being asked for some paper work and if hes out of the country they cant give it to me because they dont have no way to get to him

    Answer by ajmlaa at 9:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

  • If he has established a pattern of not seeing the child, then you can file a motion to modify the child custody/support papers. You can do it yourself, just go down to the courthouse for your county and find out where their law library is located - the law library librarians should be able to show you how to do this. I think it's less than $100 to file and have him served.

    But there has to be a compelling reason to modify - him not seeing the child in three years (is that what you said?) is definitely a compelling reason.

    Answer by texassahm at 11:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
2 babies and 2 teens

Next question overall (Health)
Knees hurting?