what do/did you do

what do/did you do for work? how much did you make? and what education/degree/training did you have for your job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• LPN - $19 hr @ a peds office
    nursing school
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The last job I had was as a carhop at Sonic. I think I made like, $6/hr plus tips. No education required, on-site training :P
    Anonymous

• I was an assistant manager at FYE. I made $10.00 an hour. Anyone could have done my job if your worked there for at least 3 months. Lol oh yea and if you had a car. Now, im a SAHM.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I teach first grade. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Education, and a state teaching certificate. I make $39,500/year.
    Anonymous

• Before kids I worked several different kinds of jobs over the years. Daycare, hotel housekeeper, landscaping, food server, middle school teaching assistant, garden store front manager, gift store manager, etc. The last one was as a cashier at a craft store and I hated it! I only made $7.00/ hr, which was a lot less than what I was used to. I have an associate's degree but it's not enough to get a good job and too much to get most of the crappy jobs. I had moved before I got my last job, I had been looking for a long time and finally I left out that I had an associate's and got the cashier job. But now I have the best job I could ever hope and dream for! I love being a SAHM! The pay is great even though it's not paid in money. Luckily, my DH is able to support us right now.
    Anonymous

• The last job I had (2001) before becoming a SAHM was as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Trainer. I had a BS degree in Sports Medicine and Exercise Physiology, and a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy.

I earned $115,000 per year plus an annual bonus that averaged $40,000.

My degrees had nothing to do with my career--but i needed those "pieces of paper" to get the job I had! Funny, the jobs in my degree fields paid around $60,000/year (at the time). Go figure! LOL

I am now working again, but this time as a Special Education teacher (I earned my teaching certificate while a SAHM).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Lactation Consultant full time $35,000 a year. Rn with IBCLC.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I own a small manufacturing business. I made about $60,000 last year after business expenses. I have 2 degrees, 1 in finance and 1 in political science. My former "career" was as a bank trust officer. My current career has nothing to do with my degrees. It has everything to do with the art of sewing that I learned from my Mamo.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Why do you want to know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I was a bank teller for 15 years, made 32K plus sales commissions each month and bonuses once a year. I traded it for a full-time job with horrible hours (24-7) and no pay, my benefits are paid in the forms of spilled juice cups, giggles, and temper tantrums when I won't let my new boss have the scissors. I'm in charge of operations, logistics, finance, and supply requisitioning, as well as daily maintenance and dispute arbitration between my other two bosses ( a 15 yo and an 8 yo). I do have a CEO that I answer to, but he works nights and he's easily manipulated via cheesecake and sex :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2010