What is wrong with me?

I eat normally, I am not over weight, but I constantly feel hungry and thirsty. Oh, and I pee a lot lol. I am not pregnant , but I am breastfeeding. I feel tired a lot but I think that could be from having a toddler and a baby. My main concern is with the constant feeling hungry and thirsty. Whats up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• its normal
    Anonymous

• diabetes
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Breastfeeding.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't quite think that is normal to constantly feel hungry. To the person who said diabetes... do you know first hand?
    Anonymous

• When I was nursing I was always hungry and thirsty. I nursed for three years and when my ds weaned it was about a month later and I realized I was not hungry all the time. I was so used to the feeling it became my norm. Now it has been a little over 6 months since he weaned and I am no longer feeling hungry all the time. You body needs the extra fluid and calories when you are nursing.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 6:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• yes,these were my aunt's symptoms anon. the thirsty and peeing thing made me think of this.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Most likely breastfeeding. If you have a family history of diabetes, it might be good to get your blood sugar checked every now and then, just in case. My dad is diabetic, and one of the first signs we learned about was always being thirsty, along with increased urination, headaches, and clammy skin. Off hand, if there is no family history and you only feel hungry and thirsty, I would say it is the breastfeeding.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Diabetes is a possible reason. Highs and lows in blood sugar can make you feel hungry, and the thrist is a sign of high blood sugar. Of course it can also just be from the breastfeedind. But this is why you should consult with your doctor to get a proper diagnosis!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Breastfeeding takes a lot of energy so your body wants food to make milk and keep you healthy. You are always thirsty because that is your body reminding you to stay hydrated so you can make milk and stay hydrated. It is normal. You should also be loosing weight with breastfeeding. It would not hurt to have a doctor do basic blood work for possible problems. Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2010