How many ppl would leave there dogs alone with the kids?

I want to see how many ppl out there let the kids play outside with the dogs unsupervised? Just so you all know I know some of you will flip about this but I know my dogs and kids you don't ! I leave my kids out side with our three dogs and they will play for hours happily we have a American bull dog - pit mix a Dalmatian And Anatolian Shep Mix . If my dogs are out side i know every thing is OK if a kid gets hurt they tell me if there is any thing even close to our yard i know My yard is fully fenced with a 6foot wooden fence and shrubbery with no gate no one is getting in

mmy2g1b

Asked by mmy2g1b at 6:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Who would leave their kids outside to play for hours?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well, I don't mind my kids being around my dogs...I have bullmastiffs. I don't leave my kids alone nor do I let them play outside alone but they're only 3 and 5 so...
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't but it doesn't have anything to do with our dogs I trust them with her we have a pit bull terrier and a pit, black lab mix,but my dd is only 18 months so there's no way she can play outside unsupervised.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My kids play unsupervised with our Chihuahua/Dachshund mix. She is scared of her own shadow, but LOVES when the kids roll around with her. But I cant leave my 4 year old unsupervised for more than 3 minutes at a time, she is unpredictable and I dont trust HER to do what she is suppose to do, nothing to do with the dog at all. Its her! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My kids are 9, 6 and 3 and they play outside by themselves with our 3 dogs(all labs) all the time. We live in the middle of nowhere and they are pefectly safe out there. The dogs bark if anyone they dont know comes in the yard or whenever someone pulls in the driveway. I know some of you may think I am crazy to let my 3 yr old out there but he is with his siblings and I am right in the house if someone needs something. All 3 of them know not to play in the front yard (without an adult) and they can only go to a certain point in our driveway with out an adult too. They all go on little adventures in our yard (which is huge) and go visit my father in his barn/workshop which is on our farm. They love it! and so do I since it gives me a little freedom to get things done!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My kids are 10 and 5 and I let them play outside with the dogs (2 Shetland Sheepdogs) unsupervised, but not for hours at a time. I check on them every 10-15 minutes. We have a chainlink fence completely around our back yard and a privacy fence right behind the house. One of my dogs barks at EVERYTHING and the other only barks when someone is walking past our house or comes in the front yard/driveway. Anytime BOTH dogs start barking, I go outside and check.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't leave mine unsupervised outside, but I will leave them alone in a room with our great dane. Who is completely harmless. You know your dogs, but with the track record on pits. I would still kepp a watchful eye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My daughter plays outside with our 3 dogs all the time. I have a 7 year old pit bull mix and 4 year old Flat-coat retriever mix and a 5 month old Pit bull mix
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2010